Microprocessor Based Excitation System
The excitation system is mainly to provide current into the rotor windings of the hydro-generator to establish a magnetic field. The direct current is usually used for building the magnetic field.
The main functions of the excitation system have 5 points:
1. Supply the excitation current of the synchronous generator and adjust the excitation current;
2. Provide forced excitation to improve the stability of the power system;
3. The generator is forced to demagnetize to limit over-voltage;
4. It is in de-excitation status when a short circuit is occurred;
5. The generator reactive power is allocated while multiple units are running.
The main features of excitation system
1. Standard embedded structure;
2. 3-phase fully-controlled bridge;
3. Self-adaptive regulating method;
4. For the large power, it can be designed with the dual bridges or the multi-bridges;
5. Multi-bridge current-equalizing coefficient > 0.95;
6. Direct display (touch screen being optional);
7. Great impulse driving capability;
8. Complete self-check function;
9. Complete limiting protection function;
10. Reliable dual-power supply.