Turbine Inlet Valve of Butterfly Valve, Spherical Valve and Gate Valve
In order to prevent the accident from expanding, overhauling or shutting down for a long time, a main inlet valve must be installed in front of the turbine.
It is generally necessary to install a valve in front of the turbine when a steel pipe is branched to supply water, and several units or the pressure diversion pipe is very long.
1. Block water flow during turbine inspection and overhaul;
2. Reduce the water leakage of the unit when the turbine is shut down;
3. Close the inlet valve to prevent the unit from escaping when the guide vane fails.
The turbine inlet valves is included three types:
1. Butterfly valve is suitable for Francis turbines.
2. Spherical valve is suitable for the high-head impulse type units
3. Gate valve is used in low cost, and mostly for small units
There are four modes of operation: manual, electric, oil pressure and water pressure.
The heavy hammer butterfly valve and spherical valve are used oil pressure or water pressure when they are opening, and rely on the heavy hammer to close automatically when they are closing. The action is reliable and the closing time is adjustable. It is widely used at present.